Wednesday, February 4, 2009

August 28th 2008, 2nd Day of Chemo

Today I face the second round of chemo. 2nd of 8. I awake to my cup of coffee(I haven't given it up yet) and my appointment with God. "Thank you Lord for this two week reprieve from any symptoms." I am truly grateful forthis. Yet I know they will come in some form. I've been warned this second dose can knock you off your feet and I pray again that this cup will pass."Neverthless thy will be done."

"What will you show me today Lord? Reveal Your ways to me." I open my devotional, August 28th "there He tested them"...Exodus15:25. I laugh, amused at the aptness of the passage. Last night I ran my hands through my hair and came away with fistfulls. It's begun. I'm a little surprised at my resignaion to this - I'm actually happy because I know it means the chemo is doing it's thing - preventing the division of my cancer cells. Temporary baldness seems a small price to pay. My husband is not so happy. He gets angry when I tease him about my intention of drawing bowling ball holes on my head. I lay off. The baldness is the first visible sign that I am sick. I have a lot of hair so the fallout is not obvious today.

No comments: