Wednesday, February 4, 2009

October 29th 2008, Day of Surgery
I awake after a good night's sleep and begin praising the Lord for my peace and joy. I am fully prepared, buoyed on the prayer of the saints - thank you! Only the grace of God can account for the incredible excitement I feel! Thank You Lord for the gift of wisdom and skillfulness you've imparted to my doctors. Thank You for this incredible opportunity for healing through medicine and prayer!On Monday I woke upon seeking God and not sensing His presence. Where are You? I need You now. I went to His Word. "I am not alone for my Father is with me" John 18:32. There You are! I picked up my Blackberry and a friend encouraged me from His Word, "Blessed shall you be when you come in, and blessed shall you be when you go out... The Lord will command the blessing on you in your storehouses and into all to which you set your hand... and the Lord will grant you plenty of goods, in the fruit of your body...." I went to work and friends there prayed for me. There You are! I opened my mail from an elder. Sweet and tender words tell me You are pleased with me. There You are! A woman from my new church whom I've never met called to arrange delivering a meal. There You are! Another calls in the evening to pray with me. I've not met her yet either. Family an friends call and send me morsels of Your Word. I smile. Lord, thank You. I saw you everywhere! This is the most wonderful journey. You are my trail guide and my eyes are upon You.I praise Your Holy Name - my sweet Lord.

No comments: