Wednesday, February 4, 2009

December 15th 2008, Adjusting to Body Changes

I am not travelling uncharted waters nor am I Captainless. Many have been here before me. Yet, I feel like an old Spanish galleon floundering bottom heavy with my topside whittled away. And while my personal experience with ships on high seas is limited, something does not seems right. My maneuvering, try as I might, is lumbersome and awkward and I long for my pre-mangled body.

All this to say, to slide into bed, stretch one arm up under my pillow and pull my upper leg up for support has long been my preferred position for sleep. Oh how I took that simple luxury for granted. The removal of lymph nodes makes stretching difficult and I wonder if I'll ever have full use of my body again. Stretching is an unappreciated pleasure until you lose it and the older you get the better the chance it'll trigger a charlie horse. I'm glad these bodies are temporary!

No comments: