Wednesday, February 4, 2009

December 4th 2008, Hot turkey

Phoenix for doctor day. We met with Dr. Kato(my oncologist who replaced Dr. Thakker when he quit). We received a letter from Dr. Kato's group informing us that Dr. Kato has given his notice and that I was being assigned to doctor number 3! I couldn't have written this script. Do you need an outline? However, it turns out I get to move with Dr. Kato to his new practice. He's taking 5 of their people with him including my chemo nurse! I guess this practice has chased off 3 of the younger doctors interested in the latest chemo movements over this past year. They're not into new ideas. Dr. Kato is waiting on my healing before he resumes my last 3 chemos.

On to Dr. Mosharrafa. He was so wonderful and apologetic and compassionate. He told me he felt devastated by what had happened to me. I got my drains out(and never have to have them again - and believe me that's a blessing). We headed to Phoenix with my intending to go cold turkey - no pain meds for the drain removal torture but Dr. Kato said why? This was no time to play "hero". Turns out the pill Nazi came prepared. I'm sure it helped but geez man it still hurt!Anyway, I was released from all my bandaging which with the 3 feet of tubing felt like what I imagine a corset might feel like. So glad to live beyond that era. We could see that Dr. M had closed up all but one small remaining wound which we will let heal now. Shoyei and I left feeling really good about him and so relieved to have another chapter behind us.

Our third stop was to visit Bonnie at "Tina's Treasures". If you know anyone going through this you must tell them to visit Bonnie. She's been through the whole ordeal and is loving, compassionate and funny! I left with some new (prosthetic) lingerie to help me feel a little girlier again.It was a good day.

No comments: