Wednesday, February 4, 2009

August 6, 2007

Our Job Description

"You are manifestly an epistle of Christ...written not with ink but by the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of flesh, that is, of the heart." 2 Corinthians 3:3

I was reminded this week-end by my son, of our need for humility. If we are to be your letters sent forth for others to read through us, we need humble hearts. If others are to see in us how to live with joy in trials, peace with our circumstances, patience as we wait upon You and hope in Your promises.....help us to set aside our own agendas and live what we believe.

"It is a sobering thought to picture myself as the only communication of Your truth they might receive today. It makes me wonder what kind of example I am. Further, I don't really have a choice. If people know I believe in You, they will take their readings about how faith works in the down-to-earth application in everyday living." L. J. Ogilvie

Lord, make us sensitive to Your still small voice this week and mindful that we ARE Your "letter" to those You put in our paths this week.

No comments: