Wednesday, February 4, 2009

September 20, 2007

Follow Jesus

Jesus said: "Follow me, and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19

Ask Father today to give you the faith to take up your cross and follow Him. "For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it. For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul?" Matthew 16:25-26a

Is He calling you deeper into Himself?

Follow me and I will make you,
Make you speak my words with power,
Make you vessels of My mercy,
Make you helpful every hour.
Follow Me and I will make you.....
Make you what you cannot be -
Make you loving, trustful, godly,
Make you even just like Me.

I used to delight in the way my daughter followed me around the house. I called her my little shadow. She desired nothing more than to stick close to me - watching me, asking questions and just being wherever I was. It's such a picture of how we are to follow Jesus - watching Him, questioning Him and sharing our thoughts, seeking His opinion and just being close to him.

Father, may each of us draw close and follow You. Increase our faith and fill us with the simple trust of a child to follow You....to want only to walk in Your shadow.

No comments: